Thursday 4 July 2013

Evidence of a Short Film You Admire


Batman: Dead End
 



This short film is entitles Batman: Dead End. This is a fan film made by Sandy Collora that premiered July 19, 2003 at the San Diego Comic-Con, and on the internet shortly there after.


As well as the unexpected destination of this short film fascinating me, I especially like it's Film Noir-esque use of lighting, shadows and smoke to give the illusion of mysteriousness. I am planning to use these aspects for my own movie for the same reasons as Collora has used in her short film.

As a huge fan of Blade Runner, I have always appreciated lighting effects and personally feel that the majority of films lack interesting lighting techniques. Therefore, I set out to create a short film that incorporated these, so I thought that Film Noir would be a perfect genre to try to replicate; as it is rich with lighting techniques used to create very stylized shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment