Wednesday 5 June 2013

Production Log: 05/06/13

At the beginning of this course, I decided that I wanted to do a short movie rather than a music video due fact that I have more of a passion for film, and hope to one day go into the film industry. When I was thinking of ideas as to what style of short film I'd want to do, I decided it best to watch some short film on YouTube for inspiration and a general idea of the way a short film is structures; as it appeared hard to me before how an entire narrative can be played out in such a short duration. I am a huge fan of Ridley Scott's Blade Runner, not only for it's gripping narrative but also for it's more aesthetic qualities. Since first ever watching it, I was blown away by it's interesting, neo-Noir lighting effects that are forever present in the movie. It reminded me of a short film that I was shown years ago called Batman: Dead End, which also used these lighting techniques. I hope to be able to use interesting lighting techniques in my short film to create stylized shots. I will most probably create a Film Noir as I know actors who will have suitable costumes and props accurate for the Film Noir period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment