Saturday 15 June 2013

Production Log: 15/06/13

As my dad is in an acting group, and they have recently done a play set in the 1930's, I decided am definitely going to make my short film a Film Noir. I will be able to get adult actors, with years of acting experience, in 1930's costumes and also get appropriate props for the era, to be able to set the film in the 1930's-1940's. Looking at previous years short films, the fact that most of them have used teenage actors and have set them in modern suburbia makes them look like amateur, student films rather than a genuine, well-done short film. Hopefully, due to being able to create a period set and have decent actors in period costume, mine wont look amateur. 

As Film Noir movies are conventionally set in New York or Chicago, I went Location around London today for any buildings that appear to be Art deco, for future reference from when I actually come to scripting and then filming the short film. This is possibly the best one I got that day, however I need to be careful to not catch anyone or anything modern in the shot if I am to actually use this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment