Monday 21 October 2013

Production Log: 21/10/13

Today, I continued with my film poster. I added a cinema release date, claiming that the short film will only appear in selected cinemas. I also added film reviews from a film magazine a director and a film critic. I can happily say that from today my film poster is beginning to look a lot more legit; with a bold title, actor and directors name, steel tongs at the bottom, reviews, and a release date. All that needs to be done now is a film rating, the pictures of the actors (to also be edited) for film certificates to be added and for film company logos to be added. After all of this is done, I will move everything around if need be until I am 100% happy with the poster.


I also went back to the footage that I filmed a few weeks ago for the montage scene at the end of my short film and decided on which shot out of many that I took I likes most for a particular moment in the montage. The lighting in this tunnel that we filmed in, the Greenwich Tunnel, created a spiral effect of shadow around the tunnel which looks visually stunning. The mono effect on the camera only increases the contrast between the white tiles, capturing the light, and those that have shadows casted upon them. By chance, Marshal Mallow's fedora happened to full of, adding to the humour of the short film:

 

We replicated the hat falling off again in another shot which worked quite well, however I feel that I will use the former video as in this one, the hat falls off too early, their are people in the background (although their clothing cannot be identified, it is still an annoyance), there is a flashing bike light (which may look like neon so might work, however it might be obviously a bike light) and the run is TOO comedic, despite being a comedy, it's a little too much for this one:

No comments:

Post a Comment