Sunday 8 September 2013

Production Log: 08/09/13

Today's lesson was dedicated to working on the film poster that promotes my short film. As I am yet to take the photographs of my models, I was focusing purely on the text for now, and when those images are edited and added, I will then position the images and the text accordingly. 

I started creating a black background for the poster. As the film is to be Film Noir, the colour black would be fitting, as well as being conventional of Film Noir Posters. I found a font on Da Fonts called 'Betty Noir' which had a Great Gatsby-esque, 30's American style to it which I used for the title of the short film, 'The Huge Snooze' (A parody of the famous Film Noir film and detective book, 'The Big Sleep') I made the text white, to contrast with the black background, and created a grey shadow on the title to replicate the shadows consistently used throughout the short film, and film noir as a whole. Hopefully, from the poster alone, it should be clear that the short film is of the genre of film noir. 

When I have taken pictures of the models in 1930's 40's clothing, I plan to use an effect on photoshop to make the images look as if they were painted, as this, again, is conventional of film noir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment